Reusable Period Cup
Reusable Period Cup
The reusable period cup from &Sisters is the eco-friendly alternative to tampons and pads. Made from 100% medical-grade silicone for ultimate flexibility, the cup is available in 3 different sizes that all offer 12 hours of leak-free protection and are guaranteed to last you 10 years.
- 12 hours of leak-free protection
- Lasts for 10 years
- Made of 100% medical-grade silicone
- Gynaecologist approved
- Latex-free, BPA-free
- B-Corp Certified
This zero-waste period cup is a period game-changer, with no strings attached. The nudie cup is available in 3 different sizes and collects your menstrual fluid rather than absorbing it, maintaining your PH balance. The nudie cup can be worn for up to 12 hours, giving you leak-free protection you won't even feel.
Which size is right for me?
&Sisters have designed the nudie for all stages of life.
S - Under 18: Perfect for those under 18 or in their early 20’s with strong pelvic floor muscles
M - 18-30, not given birth: Perfect if you are aged 18 to 30 and have not given birth vaginally
L - 30+ / given birth: Perfect if you have given birth vaginally or are over 30 years old.
Directions for use:
There are two types of folds &Sisters recommend when inserting your menstrual cup: The U/C fold and the punch down fold. Top Tip: If you're having difficulty inserting your menstrual cup, try wetting your cup with room temperature water, or use a small amount of organic lubricant.
Before use: You'll need to prepare your cup before the first use. Boil a pot of water, and let the cup sit in the water for no more than 10 minutes.
- Begin by creating a U shape with your nudie opening, press and hold the sides together and fold in half to create a U.
- Find a comfortable position and relax your pelvic floor muscles, then gently push the nudie into the vagina with the tip approx. 1cm into the vagina.
- The menstrual cup will now pop open and create a seal.
The punch down fold:
- On one side of the cup push down with your index finger until the wall of the cup touches the base of the cup.
- Find a comfortable position and relax your pelvic floor muscles, then push the nudie into the vagina with the tip approx. 1cm into the vagina.
- The menstrual cup will now open easily.
Removing your cup:
- Squeeze the bottom of the cup to release the suction effect through the three tiny holes at the top.
- Gently hold the base of the cup (not just the stem) and keep the cup horizontal to avoid any spillage, remove from your vagina.
How to care for your menstrual cup
- Remove the cup and empty the blood into the toilet.
- Rinse it out with clean water, and use a mild, oil-free and fragrance free soap to give it a quick clean.
- If you're out and about, use a piece of toilet paper to wipe the cup clean.
- Reinsert your menstrual cup and go about your day.
Why we love this Menstrual Cup!
Period products that leave you happy, healthy and protected, with Karma on your side.
&Sisters' Menstrual Cup has been designed with every woman in mind. Period unpredictable? The Nudie Menstrual Cup keeps you covered from light to heavy flow days. We love that even the teen size Nudie Cup has the capacity of at least three mini tampons!
Menstrual cups actually save you a ton of money over time too. Guaranteed to last you 10 years, this menstrual cup at just £29.99 will cost you £2.99 a year and save you around £33 a year... A no brainer, right?
Why swap to a menstrual cup?
While tampons are widely used, they do hold some possible risks and negatives that menstrual cups just don't have. Aside from the chemicals that most tampons are treated with, they actually strip your vaginal walls of its lining and soak up the healthy discharge you need to keep your body's natural flora at the optimum levels. A menstrual cup collects blood, and leaves everything else. This will reduce your risk of bacteria infections and contracting Toxic Shock Syndrome.
They're also super eco-friendly, on average we dispose of 9,000 period products across our lifetime and they take between 10-1,000 years to decompose - Whereas, you'll only use an average of 4 menstrual cups, saving a lot of products going to landfill.