Terms of Service
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
Information About Us
This website is operated by Ecom Lab Ltd whose registered office is New York House, 1 Harper Street, Leeds, LS2 7EA, UK. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 11267092. Ecom Lab Limited is part of the People’s Holdings Limited’s group of companies.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
You may only purchase Products from us if:
- you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract with us (for example, in England and Wales you must be at least 18 years old);
- you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to pay for your order; and,
- are resident in the United Kingdom.
Our Order Process
- All orders are subject to availability and acceptance by us (which we may refuse for any reason).
- The price payable for the Products shall be as shown on our site in pounds sterling (GBP).
- Any orders will not be processed until payment has been received in full. We will confirm this to you by sending you an e-mail confirming the Product is being processed ready for dispatch at which point the contract between us ("Contract") will be formed.
- From time to time we may make minor changes to a Product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- These terms and conditions, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language. Please note that we may not necessarily keep a copy of your Contract. You should keep a copy of these terms and conditions and your order for future reference.
- In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
- Prices advertised on our site include UK VAT at the relevant rate chargeable for the time being, but exclude delivery charges which are payable in addition and shown separately during the checkout process.
- We can change the prices on our site at any time without notice, but changes will not affect orders which we have already accepted.
- If We accept and process your order where there is a pricing error that is obvious and unmistakable, and which could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, We may end the Contract, refund to you any sums you have paid under the Contract and require the return of any Products provided to you.
- All our deliveries are via Royal Mail and will normally be within three working days after the day your order was placed. Delivery can take up to 10 working days.
- We deliver the Products to the address you gave us, it is your responsibility to ensure you provide us with the correct address.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The images of the Products on our site and in our other advertising materials are for illustrative purposes only. Your Products may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to display and print the colours of the Products accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the pictures, or the pictures in our other advertising materials, accurately reflect the colours of the Products that will be delivered to you.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis.
- We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer.
- All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us.
- We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- We may end the Contract at any time by writing to you if you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the Products.
Your Right to Cancel and to a Refund
- You have a legal right to cancel for up to 14 days after you receive the Products.
- If you wish to cancel a Contract you just need to communicate this to us by post at Ecom Lab Ltd, New York House, 1 Harper Street, Leeds, LS2 7EA.
- The right to cancel a Contract does not apply to cosmetics, health and personal care products.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning Products to us. You should return any Products to Ecom Lab Ltd, New York House, 1 Harper Street, Leeds, LS2 7EA.
- We require a copy of your proof of purchase to enable us to process your refund.
- We will inspect any Products returned to us. Items should be in a new and unused condition and sent back in the original packaging. Refunds will not be given if they do not comply with this.
- Refunds will be applied to the original method of payment within 7 days.
- If you consider that any Product we have supplied is faulty or mis-described, please notify us. You must return such Products to us to the address above, and if the Products are faulty or mis-described we will refund the price of the Products and the cost of delivery to you.
- If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
- We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. If you use the Products for any commercial, business or resale purpose, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
- In no case shall Ecom Lab Ltd, our directors, employees, contractors, suppliers or service providers be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility.
Events Outside our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control means any act, event, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you and our obligations under the Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will advise you of this and send any Products to you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control if there is a risk of substantial delay. To cancel a Contract under this clause please contact us.
Other Important Terms
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your rights as a consumer.
- If we have to contact you, we will do so by in writing or telephone, using the contact details you provided to us in your order, unless you have asked us to contact you by any other means. When we refer in these terms and conditions to “in writing”, this includes e-mail.
- We may change these terms and conditions from time to time. The terms and conditions that apply to your Contract will be those that are displayed on our site when you place your order.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under the Contract to another organisation. We will tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- The Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Please note that these terms and conditions are governed by English law. If you are a consumer, this means a Contract for the purchase of Products and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law, except that if you are not resident in England then English law shall apply only to the extent that it does not override any mandatory laws of the country in which you have your usual place of residence.
- In respect of any dispute or claim relating to a Contract, if you are a consumer you and we both submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, but nothing in this clause shall limit your legal rights to bring actions against us or to require proceedings to take place in the country in which you have your usual place of residence. If you are not a consumer, you and we both submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If you have any complaints these should be addressed in writing to Ecom Lab Ltd, New York House, 1 Harper Street, Leeds, LS2 7EA or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not satisfied with how We have handled any complaint, you may wish to request that the complaint be referred for alternative dispute resolution (where an independent body considers the facts of the dispute and seeks to resolve it without you having to go to court). Disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.