Konjac SpongeRegular price $6.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 120): -Infinity%
- 100% natural, plastic-free sponge
- Made from the Konjac plant
- A replacement for plastic or sea sponges
- Silky-soft and gentle when moistened
- Great for sensitive skin
- Ideal for using on the face or body
- Roughly 3.5-inch ball (as it's a natural product, sizes can vary slightly)
Why we love these
These magical sponges make a great alternative to plastic sponges or sea sponges (made from living creatures!). Perfect for applying facial washes, cleansers and toners or makeup. These silky-soft sponges are even gentle enough for babies.
Artificial, synthetic sponges are frequently made from polyurethane foam. Along with releasing ozone-depleting chemicals during manufacturing, polyurethane can also emit formaldehyde, other irritants and cancer-causing dioxins when incinerated. Sea sponges are not much of a better solution, environmentally. According to the Australian Marine Conservation Society, sea sponges are under threat of extinction for a variety of reasons including over-harvesting.
How to use
- Initially, the Konjac sponge will appear hard but when soaked in water it will become soft and spongy.
- Apply a little pressure and use in circular motions on face or body.
- The sponge should not be wrung out but should be allowed to dry naturally.
- Sponges should be replaced every 2-3 months.
- Sponges can be home composted after use.