Compostable Sponge Cloths (2 Pack)Regular price $5.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 120): -Infinity%
- Pack of 2 hygienic, plastic-free, reusable & fully biodegradable sponge cloths.
- Perfect for the kitchen and bathroom
- Low-impact packaging, plastic-free
- 70% Cellulose (wood fibre) and 30% cotton
- Each sponge: 172 (w) x 200 (h) mm
- Renewable and sustainable
- Made in Europe
- 10% of profits from this set will go to support NSW Wildlife Rescue Service (WIRES), helping wildlife affected by the Australia bush fires
WHY WE LOVE THEM
These absorbent and compostable sponge cloths make a great alternative to traditional synthetic sponge cleaning cloths which are made of petrochemicals and plastic.
These sponges are great on bathroom surfaces and kitchen countertops, as well as dishes and everyday spills.
They’re hygienic, environmentally-friendly, reusable and fully biodegradable, made from 70% cellulose which is natural wood fibre and 30% cotton. That means these wonderful sponge cloths are 100% plastic-free - no microplastics!
Most common kitchen sponges are made from plastic and can’t be recycled or composted. They’re usually only used for a couple of weeks to clean the kitchen and kitchen appliances before they’re thrown away, where they’ll contribute to plastic pollution for hundreds of years before eventually breaking down into microplastics.
What’s more, mass-produced synthetic sponges are all made with petroleum, bleach, assorted sulphates and a whole slew of nasty chemicals. Even after you throw old sponges away, the bacteria-killing triclosan they’re filled with negatively affects aquatic ecosystems, especially algae that other animals depend on.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR SPONGE CLOTHS
Dishwasher safe or washing machine. The cloths can be washed at 30-60c, line dry. Reuse over and over again, then home compostable after use.
For more information about our eco-labels, click here.