British Chickpeas - 500gRegular price $6.00 Sale price $5.00 Save 17%
- First-ever commercial crop of British chickpeas!
- Grown in the UK
- Versatile - great for dips, stews, salads & much more
- A natural source of protein & fibre
- Great body & depth of flavour
- Easy to cook - no need to soak
- Compostable cellophane packaging
- No added salt or sugar
- Suitable for vegans & vegetarians
Why we love this
Norfolk farmer Henry Raker harvested the first ever field-scale crop of British chickpeas this summer. They're now cleaned, packed up, and ready to go.
Chickpeas are a tasty, nutritious and versatile ingredient. Delicious made into houmous or falafel, roasted and added to a salad, or in a rich stew.
Soak the chickpeas for 6 hours. This first UK-grown trial crop of chickpeas may contain occasional discoloured chickpeas – we recommend picking these out between soaking and cooking.
Cover with water or stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 to 50 minutes until the chickpeas are soft. Add more water if needed.