Bamboo Cooking Utensil SetRegular price $22.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 120): -Infinity%
Plastic utensils are said to produce poisonous toxic byproducts when coming into contact with heat above 70°C. These toxic byproducts are known as oligomers and are formed during plastic production. Because they're so small, you could be eating them along with your breakfast, none the wiser.If swallowed in high doses, these human-made chemicals are linked with causing liver and thyroid disease, as well as infertility, cancer and high cholesterol.
Also, while plastic cooking utensils tend to be cheaper, they also damage more easily which means they need to be replaced more often. Since few companies recycle plastic cooking utensils, these utensils end up in landfill and add to the plastic problem.
For more information on our Eco-Labels please click here!