Business Development Manager, EcoVibe
EcoVibe is an ambitious force for change in the sustainability market. Having grown significantly in 2020 we are looking to scale our growth exponentially in 2021 and beyond.
EcoVibe is looking for a Business Development Manager. You’ll lead the business-to-business arm of EcoVibe developing current relationships and onboarding new wholesale and retail customers. You will take ownership for managing, protecting, and growing accounts to achieve annual forecasts
About the role
As our Business Development Manager your role will involve the following:
- Establishing and developing B2B propositions that deliver long lasting relationships
- Managing new and existing customer relationships ensuring the right proposition fits the customer needs
- Identifying new opportunities and delivering strategies to grow B2B revenue and profit
- Negotiating commercials and driving repeat purchases.
- Achieve agreed in year and longer-term targets
- Prepare and deliver financial reports evaluating performance alongside developing and implementing contingency plans to ensure targets are met
- Working in close partnership with the Marketing, Trade and Operational teams to achieve end to end customer delivery
- Ensuring contracts are up to date
Decision-making and accountability
You will have day-to-day accountability for decisions around:
- Managing and developing relationships
- Negotiating commercials
- Creating contracts
Qualifications / Knowledge
No specific qualifications are needed. However, you must have demonstrable knowledge of the following:
- Excellent networking and relationship management skills with the ability to motivate and influence customers to reach targets
- Proven ability to generate new ideas, adapt style and approach to meet the needs of different customers
Key areas of experience
You will have proven experience in a Business Development role – typically around 3 to 5 years – that has included:
- Working in a business-to-business sales department
- Demonstrable success in hitting sales targets
- Identifying and communicating the features and benefits of products you have sold
Skills and competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinking, creativity and problem solving
- Commercial awareness – to understand profitability and how to drive results.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Organisation and project management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail to spot and eliminate mistakes
- Tenacity, resilience, flexibility and judgement to deal with difficult situations
EcoVibe is a fast-moving, progressive yet informal environment where we value supportive working, authenticity and inclusivity. To be successful in our team you will:
- Be self motivated with a proactive, “can do” attitude and happily take ownership for your work.
- Have a burning passion for exceeding targets and delivering value to our customers.
- Be innovative, adaptable, ethical and ideas-driven – prepared to challenge the status quo, be curious about keeping up with market trends and embrace new technologies.
- Have the ability to perform under pressure and meet challenging demands with integrity.
Who we are?
At EcoVibe we are dedicated to helping our customers live more sustainably, with a focus on environmental concerns such as reducing single use plastic and lowering carbon emissions. We retail third party and our own branded products.
We are a small business and our working culture has been shaped by the people who have driven our success. It is entrepreneurial and fast-moving. Our people are highly talented and committed while having a sense of fun and caring about work-life balance. If you are someone who can take the initiative, are ready for something different and you want a real opportunity to add value and make a difference to a growing business we could be good for you.
Individuals seeking employment at EcoVibe should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Whys you should apply?
As part of the team you’ll have access to fantastic benefits including competitive holiday allowance, healthcare and the exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the business with your ideas and exceptional work. We aim to make a big impression this year and are looking for people who want to make a difference and be rewarded for doing so.
Application deadline: 22/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Monday to Friday
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings