Creating an environmentally sustainable future is more important than ever before and many of us are re-examining how we use products in the context of promoting sustainability. This is especially true for cleaning products that have a damaging effect on the environment through harmful chemicals and pathogens.
Using eco-friendly cleaning products is a step in the right direction and it’s super-easy to switch over from regular cleaning products and do your part for protecting the environment. Let’s take a closer look at what the benefits of these items are and how they can be put to good use.
What are the advantages of using eco-friendly products?
- You have the ability to reduce the impact of harmful chemicals like petroleum, ammonia and sodium hydroxide.
- From helping to save money to having more longevity, sustainable products are far more cost-effective when compared to regular cleaning items.
- When using conventional cleaning products, you’re at risk of damage from chemical burns, whereas green products adhere to strict safety guidelines, so you’ll be better protected.
- With sustainable cleaning products having detailed guidelines, you had complete transparency on ingredients and will be better equipped to use them in your eco-friendly home.
How do you determine which cleaning products are sustainable?
To find out whether a cleaning item is good for the environment, it’s worth looking for certain labels that define its purpose. We have a detailed list of eco-labels for all our products, and some are as followed:
- Biodegradable: A product with a biodegradable label means that it can be broken down into natural materials without causing any harm to the environment.
- BPA Free: BPA is a chemical that has been used in plastics since the 1960s and is commonly found in water bottles.
- Compostable At Home: This label indicates a product can be broken down into its natural elements in a home composting environment.
- Compostable industrially: A product with this label can be broken down in an industrial compost setting without leaving any toxins behind.
For a more comprehensive guide to our eco-labels, be sure to click here.
Some eco inspiration!
Now that you have a better idea of what to look for, here’s a few eco-friendly ideas to use for swapping out your usual cleaning supplies.
We love these compostable sponges because they’re made from cellulose and wood fibres instead of plastic. This means they’re biodegradable, non-toxic and durable.
Dissolvable Laundry Detergent Strips
What’s great about our dissolvable detergent strips is that they’re plastic-free, come in zero waste compostable packing and produce 94% fewer carbon emissions than other detergent brands.
Sustainable Cleaning Starter Kit
Whether you want to create an eco-friendly kitchen or living room, this cleaning kit is sure to come in handy. It comes with plastic-free satchels, aromatic cleaning oils and sturdy glass spray bottles for handling even the toughest stains.
Toilet Cleaning Bombs
You can reduce the damage to natural waterways with these toilet bombs. They don’t contain any toxins that irritate the skin, are blended with vegan ingredients and are completely biodegradable.
We’re always happy to chat more about our full range of eco-friendly cleaning products and we’d love to hear your green cleaning tips too. Comment below!